February 20, 2014

What's your bedroom like?





Anastasia


I'm renovating and redecorating my bedroom so just looking for inspiration.


Answer
I actually have two bedrooms - one at my dad's house and one at my mom & step dad's, and both of them perpetually look like they've been torn apart by a tornado (neatness is not exactly my forte), so if you saw them I'm not sure you'd really be inspired!

When they're picked up, they are an eclectic haven. I'm absolutely obsessed with the color green, and that is evident as soon as you walk into the rooms. My room at my dad's house (where I live most of the time) is sort of funky because it had originally been built to be a bedroom with a baby's nursery attached. We didn't build the house, (it's a Craftsman from the 1930s) but I kinda think it's a cool set up. Anyway, so there is this little random alcove hallway connecting the bedroom to a bathroom and another little room. The walls in the bedroom and alcove are painted green, and the baby room is painted a sky blue. Most of my furniture, including my bed, is antique. Some were family pieces and others we just found at random places. I got my desk at a garage sale we were passing by one day and painted it green. I have a quilt my grandmother made for me on my bed, and an old scarf of hers draped over my nightstand. I have things I got while traveling, including a bird pendant (I'm also obsessed with birds!) hanging over my bed. Against another wall I have a vanity and chair and an apothecary chest with my TV on top. I also have my guitars and paintings hanging up on that wall. Against the third wall is a futon. It's actually where I do most of my work, and it's also handy for when friends stay over. In the alcove I have a chest of drawers, my desk and a little workspace, bookshelves & bunch of clutter I need to get rid of. I also have a huge mural I painted on the wall of a "love tree." In the baby room I have vintage purses that had belonged to my mom and grandmother hanging on the wall, an old bookcase I painted green with some of my dolls and paintings on top, a photo collage, and a lounge chair in the corner with a little bird mural on the wall above it. I also have this ancient record player in there that still works.

It sounds like I have this gigantic space, but actually each of the rooms are fairly small. I also have a room downstairs I use as an art studio that has three purple walls and one red one with a mural. There is no real furniture in that room - just shelves for the supplies.

My room at my mom's house is tiny. I mean teeny, tiny, tiny. It's painted yellow and has a little mural on one wall, another really awesome quilt my grandmother made with a peacock on it, and a chest of drawers with a globe and some photos on top.

I actually took a pic of my room yesterday to show you after you asked the other question about decorating. I haven't uploaded it yet, but I will along with older ones of my rooms, and will edit this answer to add the link.

EDIT:
Here's the link:
http://www.xanga.com/SkylarkMelody/albums/004ea036210136/

~ Pax / Peace : )

EDIT 2:
You're room sounds fascinating and awesome, Greta! I love Anthropologie, too. If you're heading over to BH anytime soon check out their store there because right now they have some really cool things that I didn't see at the SM or Grove location.

(((((Hugs to Greta & Bella))))))

what is the average price of furniture rental for a bedroom set, living room and tv set?




0987643...


Either through the actual apartment complex or somewhere like rent-a-center?


Answer
bedroom set $400+
sofa set $300+
rest depends on your requirements, generally count some $1500+
http://lastdetail.ca/rental-furniture-home-staging-toronto.htm




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

BlogRoll

My Zimbio
Top Stories Add to Technorati Favorites Performance Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine Top Blogs Blog Directory Interior Design Blog Directory Meilleur du Web : Annuaire des meilleurs sites Web.

Marketiva Forex Trading

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Ryanita Queen Bedroom Set Quide | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner | Camera Guide by Ryanita