December 03, 2013

Cheapest ways to give bedroom a new look?


bedroom set sleigh bed
 on Bedroom Furniture Discounts: ASHLEY North Shore 6pc Sleigh Bedroom Set ...
bedroom set sleigh bed image




peppamintg


I want to makeover (NOT remodel as in knock down walls, install new flooring, etc) my bedroom-give it a new look so that it will look different from how it is now. I don't have a particular budget, but I'm looking for inexpensive ways to jazz up my room (paint,wallpaper,furniture,lights,accessories,new bedsheets,etc) Which of the ones I just mentioned are the cheapest? Are there any other cheap ways to give your room a new look? BTW, I want my room to actually look different than it does now-i.e. really dramatic before/after photos.


Answer
I think the general consensus would be to paint the room. However, I think it is always best to start with the linens because most of the change is going to come from the bedding. One of the things I think people should do is to invest in at least one good set of quality bedding. And i think if you found a set of bedding that you absolutely love, everything else is going to fall into place.

Another thing would be to purchase new bedroom furniture. For people who are on a limited budget but want quality furniture, I would recommend Ashley Furniture. They have three different lines of furniture Ashley, Signature, and Millenium. They range from inexpensive to expensive, but none of them are outrageously expensive. You could purchase a good bedroom set for $1500. If you dont want to spend that much, I know many places where I live that offer sleigh beds for aroud $350.

To really answer your question, I think your could change the look of your room through bedding a painting treatment. It would be the cheapest, because paint alone isnt going to change the look if you have drab bedding.

One thing I will say is that installing a new floor, even though you might not particularly want to, can also be a inespensive fix that dramatically improves the look of the room.

How much would you pay for a used oak king sleigh bed?




Incognito


Asking you parents b/c you understand the importance of a bed big enough for everyone to snuggle in in the morning....
It is an oak king sleigh bed, bought a 'few' years ago seller says. A few scratches on the footboard -not too bad. One broken slat (not a big deal b/c hubby can replace that easily).
So how much would you pay for it used....a new one is at least $900.
No mattress



Answer
To be honest I personally wouldn't pay more then $100 for it. Thats just me though and its because its just the bed. Nothing else. If it was part of a matching bedroom set I might be willing to pay a little more but if I can't afford to get a set chances are I would just be looking for a cheaper bed to hold me over until I could afford a set. My headboard for our queen bed was $150 and has lasted us 6+ years so far. That being said if this is something you really want and it goes with other furnature in your room then it might be worth a little more. If a new one is $900 I would automatically knock off 50% because its used so thats $450. Then take off another $100 because its scratched so thats $350. Then I would take off another $100 because its broken so thats $250. Max I would pay is $250 if its something I really wanted.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

BlogRoll

My Zimbio
Top Stories Add to Technorati Favorites Performance Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine Top Blogs Blog Directory Interior Design Blog Directory Meilleur du Web : Annuaire des meilleurs sites Web.

Marketiva Forex Trading

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Ryanita Queen Bedroom Set Quide | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner | Camera Guide by Ryanita