April 01, 2014

Old hollywood themed bedroom?





Lalala


I decided I want my bedroom to be old Hollywood themed (think Marilyn Monroe). But I can't figure out what to do. I have a medium sized room in the shape of a square, yellow walls with white trimming, and antique cherrywood furniture. Any ideas on the colors, bed set, patterns, and decorations? Thanks!


Answer
Wall color- rose, pink or pale peach
Get a Hollywood bed (this is a legit type of bed! search it on Google to see pics)
Big vanity table with a lightbulb-trimmed mirror and a vintage chair of some sort..you might want to have a collection of crystal perfume bottles for the top :)
Chandelier
Satin bedding
Throw feather boas over things
Rotary phone
White faux fur rug
Framed black and white photos of Marilyn or Jean Harlow or whoever you want
Put on red lipstick and kiss a little lip print onto one of your mirrors (ps you should have lots of mirrors), I've done this in my room and it really looks fabulous

Have fun decorating. xxo

Bedroom organization tips?




RachelNico


I'm trying to clean out my room and I've realized how much stuff I have. I really need some organization help. I don't really want to spend any money...somethings I've done so far is I've hung all my scarves and all my belts on hangers and hung them on my closet door. also from the dollar store I picked up little bins for inside of my vanity table.
Thanks :)



Answer
The key to organization is having a place for everything so everything fits in it's place. I know that sounds simple, but, if you can manage that, you are set.

So, you need to first have the space for what you want to keep in your room. If you have stuff that you do not use (seasonal clothing, seasonal shoes, old paperwork, books you have already read and such), then see if you can box those things up and store them in the basement, attic or the garage. This will allow you more space for what you do have.

Clean out every drawer in your room. If it does not fit, then you need to get it out of your room. One simple thing that is a great organizer is a clear plastic over the door shoe holder. These holders have great little cubby holes to hold all sorts of things from electronic chargers, computer and camera cables, hair accessories, beauty products, hair combs and brushes, lotions, scarfs, mittens, socks, jewelry, belts, etc) All easy to see through he clear plastic so everything is within reach.

Get a double rod for your closet so you can hang twice as many tops. Leave room on one side for dresses so they can hang freely. The dollar store carries clear bins you can store on the shelf in your closet for more storage. Keep as much stuff off of the floor as possible by adding shelving on the walls to store things in bins. Book shelves are great pieces to use for storage and an extra dresser can fit in the closet if you can put one there and forfeit the double rod for hangers. A dresser in a closet is a great way to store shoes and accessories.

Get a bulletin board to tack up papers, notes and receipts. Paint a bold color stripe around your room at eye level and use that area as a gallery or sorts to hang photographs. Or put up a bulletin board with ribbons criss crossing to hold papers and pictures.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

BlogRoll

My Zimbio
Top Stories Add to Technorati Favorites Performance Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine Top Blogs Blog Directory Interior Design Blog Directory Meilleur du Web : Annuaire des meilleurs sites Web.

Marketiva Forex Trading

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Ryanita Queen Bedroom Set Quide | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner | Camera Guide by Ryanita