April 19, 2014

Am i asking too much for my bedroom set?


Q. Okay, so i have a 5 piece really nice bedroom set. I have a tall mirror, twin head board, a desk with shelves & a chair to go with it, a tall dresser with 4 drawers & a short long dresser with 3 drawers. All i know is that they are over 20 years old. They are a light tan with flowers on them. Good for a little girls room. Well my step mom bought them for me and im moving and ill have no room for them. I have posted them on craigslist and stuff. She told me not to take no less than $500. So i am asking $600. I am just wondering if im asking too much?? They are reallly nice. What do you think??


Answer
It is a bit pricey considering the age of the furniture. And if it's over 20 years old, it may still be nice but late 80's styling isn't something people generally want to drop $600 on, especially when they can find a brand new bedroom set for cheaper at a furniture outlet. Other reasons why people would choose to buy a brand new set other than a lower price is because they finance it at a store, and if they find something wrong with it they can take it back to the store.

You can try your price but if it doesn't get sold in a couple weeks I would think $200 is a more reasonable price for 20+ year old furniture. People don't generally need to finance a couple hundred dollars & they're more willing to risk not having warranties on furniture with a price that low. $150 is really saying that you need to get rid of this stuff & complete steal price for a bedroom set

Blinds in bedroom/color?

Q. I have two small windows on the same wall I put our bed on. The bed its self is Espresso, the wall is tan. What color of blinds should I put on these small windows? I think they are about 25 inches by 25 inches or so (guessing) They are up high on the walls.

I don't care for drapes because they get too dusty so I want to just settle on blinds but (don't want anything dark and gloomy either) I thought I should keep them Espresso but that would maybe be too dark, so what other colors could go?

Comforter is red and tan linen material.
NO RED, sorry but I think that would look funky. I want it sort of calming and neutral in color?


Answer
We have an expresso bedroom set too. What I did is put in white cheapie blinds. Then we went ahead and put up these brown colored see through kind of lacy feel curtain looks really good. Blinds alone just kind of look tacky no matter what brand or color.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

BlogRoll

My Zimbio
Top Stories Add to Technorati Favorites Performance Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine Top Blogs Blog Directory Interior Design Blog Directory Meilleur du Web : Annuaire des meilleurs sites Web.

Marketiva Forex Trading

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Ryanita Queen Bedroom Set Quide | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner | Camera Guide by Ryanita