March 30, 2014

Re-doing bedroom for 16th birthday?





Parker


I'm turning 16 in September, and I decided it'd be a great idea to redo my room. I'm looking for furniture that looks a little more sophisticated so that I can take it with me when I get a place of my own after college. I've looked at Ikea, and seen maybe one bedroom set I've liked. Is there any other stores in the Chicago area that sell furniture? Do department stores sell it? I love the stuff at PBteen, but it's way overpriced! Is there another place to get similar furniture for less? I'm trying to keep it $800 or under, but I suppose it could go up to $1,000 because all of my family is coming for a party, and I thought I could just ask for everyone to pitch in on the bedroom set as a gift.


Answer
You can always try simple stores like Target and Walmart! They surprisingly have very nice, good quality furniture.

Best Onkyo or Marantz A/V Receiver under $850 for DefTech Speakers?




Peter Grif


I am looking to upgrade my receiver to one of the following:

1. Onkyo TX-NR717 (110w x 7, 8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.08% THD, S/N Ratio 106dB, 5Hz-100kHz Frequency Response)
2. Marantz NR1403 (50w x 5, 8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.08% THD, S/N Ratio 98dB, 10Hz-100kHz Frequency Response)
3. Marantz NR1603 (50w x 7, 8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.08% THD, S/N Ratio 98dB, 10Hz-100kHz Frequency Response)
4. Marantz SR5007 (100w x 7, 8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.08% THD, S/N Ratio 100dB, 10Hz-100kHz Frequency Response)

I will be using this receiver with my Definitive Technology ProCinema ProMonitor 100 and ProCenter 100 speakers and ProSub 800 subwoofer. Here are the specifications for my ProMonitor 100 and ProCenter 100 speakers:

4-8 ohms, 10-175 watts, 50Hz-30kHz Frequency Response, 90dB Efficiency

Speaker Impedance is listed at 4-16 or 6-16 ohms on the Onkyo receiver. I couldnât find any info on this for the Marantz receivers.

Which receiver would you recommend for my specific application? If none of the above, what else should I consider?

Additional Info:

1. This set-up will be going in an 18x14 bedroom with carpeting.
2. Cabinet space is not an issue - I donât require a slim receiver.
3. I donât require AirPlay.
4. 4K upscaling & 3D pass-through is not required, but may be a good idea for the future.
5. I only have enough speakers for a 5.1 channel system, however, future upgradeability to a 7.1 channel system is a huge plus.
6. Front USB and HDMI inputs are a plus, but not really required.
Also, what gauge speaker wire would you recommend? Thanks!



Answer
Of you four choices, I'd pick either the 717 or the 5007. With those speakers, you do want the 100-110 watts to drive them.

Your speaker wire runs won't be long ones, so 16 gauge should be fine.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

BlogRoll

My Zimbio
Top Stories Add to Technorati Favorites Performance Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine Top Blogs Blog Directory Interior Design Blog Directory Meilleur du Web : Annuaire des meilleurs sites Web.

Marketiva Forex Trading

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Ryanita Queen Bedroom Set Quide | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner | Camera Guide by Ryanita