March 12, 2014

Bedroom decorating ideas? HELP?





Monstrosit


So, I really want to redecorate my room. I've had the same room since I moved into my newly built house, which is when I was seven, & I'm fifteen now. I can't buy any new furniture (ex. Bed, Beareu, Desk, etc) & I can't change my flooring.

The bed I have right now is a queen sized bed, & it's an orangey-chestnut color. My Beaureu is the same color, & I have a large mirror on it. I also have a desk, which I just recently got for christmas & it's a darker chestnut color. I have light pink walls, & a tan colored carpet.

I was hoping to repaint my walls, get a new comforter & sheet set, & hopefully convince my mother to let me get new flooring (but i doubt that will happen). I'm usually a really creative person, but for some reason I can't come up with a design for my room. ):

This is the layout of my room:
http://s337.photobucket.com/albums/n364/mickeybabii5/?action=view&current=Graph.png

I think that a few of my likes will help with designs, so here are some. (:

Likes;
I'm OBSESSED with Giraffes
Skulls
Stick Figures
Rock & Screamo music
The colors Purple & black (But I don't think they will go with the color of my carpet)
Photography
Quotes
Hottopic & Spencers
Converse & Vans

ANY help & ideas will be greatly appreciated. Rearanging my room, decorations, ANYTHING will help. xxx (:

Ten points for best answer :D



Answer
Some ideas:
Take some pictures of you and your friends, and hang them on the wall, or make a mobile of them. Hang some posters of giraffes on your walls. I would repaint my room purple or black, and get a skull print comforter to match. Ask if you can get a mural to have on one of your walls. It would be of anything: giraffes, skulls, etc. The possibilities are endless. You can also print out a picture of the Hot Topic logo, and stencil it on to your wall. Hope I helped!!!

Teen Bedroom Questions?

Q. Hey Everyone :-]

I'm finally allowed to redecorate my room., but I have a lot of work to get done. I need to repaint it, refurnish it, and get entirely new accessories. I know it's long but I need a lot of help. Most detailed and helpful answer gets ten points. <3

Any ways, I'm a sixteen year old girl, I'm a complete tomboy, and sort of punk / skater. I love black and red and I really hate girlie things. I have a typical box room, but it's pretty big. I have a queen bed in here as well as a desk and a dresser and I still have lots of floor space. I have one window in my room, and the closet is sort of tiny.

I'm planning on painting the longest wall black, and all the other walls red. I'm going to add some black and grey wall murals along the red walls, too. I want the main colors to be Black and Red, and I want to add some Grey and White in as well.

I'm going to be getting a new bed, and I want it to be a canopy bed. Not a net over, it, but a real four-post bed. The 'curtains' on it will be black, of course. I think I want a black / red / white / grey comforter, and black silk sheets.

I want a silver - glass desk and I'm going to get rid of the dress and get a closet organizer, where I'll keep all of my clothes. I'm going to but a book case one the black wall next to my desk, it'll more then likely be red or grey.

I'm also going to get a black or red office chair for my desk and a hanging chair in the corner of my room, with grey, white, black and red pillows on it. The chair itself will probably be grey or white.

Any ways, here are my questions:

1.) Do all the colors I mentioned match?

2.) Will the red be too bright, or will the black diminish it?

3.) Are there any other colors that would look okay in the room?

4.) What accessories should I use to make the room pull together?

5.) What kind of pictures should I hang on the wall?

6.) Does a hanging chair need to be professionally installed?

7.) Is a hanging chair dangerous?

8.) Links to black / red bedrooms?

9.) Links to black / red / grey bedspreads?

10.) Links to closet organizers?

11.) About how much will painting the room cost?

12.) About how much does a hanging chair cost?

13.) About how much does a canopy bed cost?

14.) About how much does a closet organizer cost?

15.) Anything Else / Other Information?

Thanks! I appreciate all the help!

~*~ Megan ~*~


Answer
1) yes, definitely. except maybe the grey. it's according to the shade.
2) it will be fine. i have a friend with a room almost exactly like you described, and i absolutely love it(:
3) i think red, black and white would match great. I can't think of any other colors that would match with it as well.
4) Whatever you like, it is YOUR room. I think the murals would look great. Maybe you could hang up some old skateboards on the wall somehow?
5) Maybe black & white flowers.?
6) I'm not sure. I think you buy it yourself, and the safest thing to do is to hire someone to hang it up.
7) It can be, but if you make sure you have a very durable chain holding it, you'll be fine. I'm not sure if you mean hanging from the ceiling , or from a stand.
8) four poster bed : http://www.davidsalmon.com/catalogue/images/bedroom-brighton-bed.jpg overall red and black room : http://www.cedesign.com/familyphotos/2802LittleRoadRemodel/AJCbedroom5/061406_setting_up_room_04.jpg
9) first and second link.
10) 1) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Seed-Sprout-7-Shelf-Closet-Organizer-in-Blue/4888331 2) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rubbermaid-Customizable-and-Configurable-3-to-6-Closet-Kit-Titanium/8195153 A cheap and easy way to organize your closet is to buy hooks. You can get some super glue or something and you're good.
11) I'm not sure if you mean the service or the product. if you mean the product, a gallon of paint costs about $15. So if you want two gallons, $30. You might want to buy different sizes, though because you want one black and three red. If you're talking service, the national hourly rate for a painter is $29.53.
12) http://www.regencyshop.com/p67/Hanging-Bubble-Chair/product_info.html get it quick. there seems to be a HUGE sale. over $1,000 off. but shipping is expensive.
13) http://www.nextag.com/canopy-beds/products-html <- i couldn't get to the exact page of one, so here's a page of a bunch
14) link in question # 10
15) not really. Just that dark colors can make a room appear smaller.

hope i helped(:




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

BlogRoll

My Zimbio
Top Stories Add to Technorati Favorites Performance Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine Top Blogs Blog Directory Interior Design Blog Directory Meilleur du Web : Annuaire des meilleurs sites Web.

Marketiva Forex Trading

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Ryanita Queen Bedroom Set Quide | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner | Camera Guide by Ryanita