January 02, 2014

Any tips to designing a Chinese theme bedroom?


bedroom set japanese style
 on japanese style tatami room - Picture of Hotel Fukudaya, Meguro ...
bedroom set japanese style image




paola_agui


I'm moving to a new home in 3 weeks or so, and this gives me an opportunity to design my room the way I've always wanted. I've always wanted to go for a Chinese themed bedroom, and I'm looking for any tips on how to start with this new project. So If you have any ideas, feel free to tell... Anything from Wall decor, to floors, to furniture is welcome!


Answer
a traditional chinese themed? or are you looking for an american interpretation of a chinese themed bedroom?

either way...you might want to look in to bamboo materialed/colored things, dark/semi dark wood oriented furniture with oriental design. do not get Bonsai planet, cuz thats japanese. if you're looking into more feminine stuff...try lotus, plum (the flower), and chrysanthemum. for guys...try kirin, dragon (chinese looking ones)...or if you want (tho not necessarily recommended) the chinese horoscope.

chinese people loves the color red, but we use it more on weddings...you might consider that as well. the wall decor, you can look into asian calligraphy styled painting, a fan (hanging)...or perhaps an authentic chinese character sucha as fortune. 2 chairs/stools with a table...small end tables...chinese lantern...ceramic tea set...perhaps incents....all these can be considered as decor :D for windows you can use beads instead of curtains (like the beads yoou hang in the doorway, wooden beads...i hope you know what i'm talking about)

also, google oriental living, or oriental decorating..it'll help. the thing about having a chinese themed bedroom is that you might end up with things that are "oriental themed" but has nothing to do with chinese. you should do a little bit of search just in case :)

How to decorate my apartment with a zen/Asian style?




~Gwen~


I'm moving into a new, smaller apartment and would love a minimalistic, calming decor. I can't afford to spend too much, but I am very crafty, own a sewing machine. I have a set of textured red curtains that look gorgeous.

Any ideas?



Answer
I love bamboo roman shades paired with beautiful curtains. Keep your furniture very minimal, and get a few asian inspired throw pillows for your couch, or chairs or whatever you have. Something that will match your curtains. Or you can find some fun asian inspired fabric to make the throw pillows out of (try e-bay for some cheap fabrics).

Check out this fabric, this is beautiful with a little hint of red, and it's not tooo busy: pretty cheap on e-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ZEN-CAMOUFLAGE-VINTAGE-JAPANESE-SILK-HAORI-FABRIC_W0QQitemZ270315153557QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270315153557&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50#ebayphotohosting

You could do a couple of throw pillows out of that.

I would leave everything else very minimal, maybe do a nice mirrow with a big frame (black or something pretty plain). I would do a lot of natural things, like the bamboo shades, maybe a seagrass or jute rug,

Maybe a woven trunk for storage that can double as an ottoman. I recently picked up 3 of these at my local target, but they were 50% off.

http://www.target.com/Square-Banana-Leaf-Woven-Trunk/dp/B0012N759I/sr=1-1/qid=1228799917/ref=sr_1_1/183-7292684-8445769?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Awoven%20trunk&page=1

They are darker in color as they appear on the website. I have used two pushed next to each other as a coffee table, and one as a side table next to a chair in my living room.

What is most important, is to bring stuff into the room that makes you feel the most comfortable in your space. I have "inspiration pieces" in all my rooms that really make the room for me. In my living room it's a palm tree painting from a local artist here, every time I look at it, I'm absorbed into it for a little while.

In my bedroom it's my down european pillows on my bed, They are so comfortable and comforting. Find something that you LOVE and build your room off of that. But use it as your "main attraction".

Happy Decorating, and Happy Holidays.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

BlogRoll

My Zimbio
Top Stories Add to Technorati Favorites Performance Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine Top Blogs Blog Directory Interior Design Blog Directory Meilleur du Web : Annuaire des meilleurs sites Web.

Marketiva Forex Trading

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Ryanita Queen Bedroom Set Quide | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner | Camera Guide by Ryanita