May 29, 2014

I have $700 only, should i spend them on a bedroom set or save them?? ?


Q. Some one is selling me there great bed room furniture set with mattress included, is in excelent condition I realy want it because the bed room furniture I have is kinda old, & its not made of good wood...
My husband tekks me we should save the money and not spend it & wait till later we have more saved up.

I ofered him a deal, I told him I would pay him back weekly so he can lend me the money now! But he said his not sure because we have this speeding ticket we need to pay this month, rent, light bill, but I can pay him back all of it by the end of the month...

So the Q is should I wait or listen to hubby???


Answer
Why did you marry him, if you're not going to listen to him?

We were doing fine this month, too. And then our car died away from home. $600 later, we're not so fine. $700 is all you have saved up? I suggest a lot more than that in your savings account, before you start thinking big ticket items, before you need them. No one plans emergencies in their budgets. That's why they're called emergencies - we never know when they'll hit. That's also what savings accounts are for - that and planning for good stuff when you can afford it.

Other suggestion - don't ask strangers after you and spouse already talked it over. Spouse trumps strangers advice any day of the week. That's why they become "spouse."

How much should I sell my bedroom furniture for?




Tamee


I have a black 7 piece queen size bedroom set with two night stands, a dresser and a mirror that I purchased for $1600 about 16 months ago. I also paid $600.00 for some pillow top mattresses. Everything looks brand new. Someone offered $700. How much should I sell it for? Mattresses included.


Answer
The best answer is whatever you can get for it, I think $700 isn't a good price for it, but it's most probably close to what it's worth at most.

When you buy new, you're paying for the over heads as well. If you place an add in a free online site saying what you have is new or bought 2 weeks ago, you'd be very lucky to get 70% of that $2200 you paid for it. Reason being that buying from a store you have in general an amount of consumer protection for the most part.

What most people don't understand, is that the store bought that product or those goods for a fraction of what they sold it for, to cover their over heads. My Ex used to work for a big department store, I was surprised to find out that some items have a 500% mark up, I'm not saying there was a 500% mark up on your goods, but I'm guessing at least 100% if not more.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

BlogRoll

My Zimbio
Top Stories Add to Technorati Favorites Performance Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine Top Blogs Blog Directory Interior Design Blog Directory Meilleur du Web : Annuaire des meilleurs sites Web.

Marketiva Forex Trading

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Ryanita Queen Bedroom Set Quide | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner | Camera Guide by Ryanita