April 25, 2014

Teen Bedroom Questions?


Q. Hey Everyone :-]

I'm finally allowed to redecorate my room., but I have a lot of work to get done. I need to repaint it, refurnish it, and get entirely new accessories. I know it's long but I need a lot of help. Most detailed and helpful answer gets ten points. <3

Any ways, I'm a sixteen year old girl, I'm a complete tomboy, and sort of punk / skater. I love black and red and I really hate girlie things. I have a typical box room, but it's pretty big. I have a queen bed in here as well as a desk and a dresser and I still have lots of floor space. I have one window in my room, and the closet is sort of tiny.

I'm planning on painting the longest wall black, and all the other walls red. I'm going to add some black and grey wall murals along the red walls, too. I want the main colors to be Black and Red, and I want to add some Grey and White in as well.

I'm going to be getting a new bed, and I want it to be a canopy bed. Not a net over, it, but a real four-post bed. The 'curtains' on it will be black, of course. I think I want a black / red / white / grey comforter, and black silk sheets.

I want a silver - glass desk and I'm going to get rid of the dress and get a closet organizer, where I'll keep all of my clothes. I'm going to but a book case one the black wall next to my desk, it'll more then likely be red or grey.

I'm also going to get a black or red office chair for my desk and a hanging chair in the corner of my room, with grey, white, black and red pillows on it. The chair itself will probably be grey or white.

Any ways, here are my questions:

1.) Do all the colors I mentioned match?

2.) Will the red be too bright, or will the black diminish it?

3.) Are there any other colors that would look okay in the room?

4.) What accessories should I use to make the room pull together?

5.) What kind of pictures should I hang on the wall?

6.) Does a hanging chair need to be professionally installed?

7.) Is a hanging chair dangerous?

8.) Links to black / red bedrooms?

9.) Links to black / red / grey bedspreads?

10.) Links to closet organizers?

11.) About how much will painting the room cost?

12.) About how much does a hanging chair cost?

13.) About how much does a canopy bed cost?

14.) About how much does a closet organizer cost?

15.) Anything Else / Other Information?

Thanks! I appreciate all the help!

~*~ Megan ~*~


Answer
1) yes, definitely. except maybe the grey. it's according to the shade.
2) it will be fine. i have a friend with a room almost exactly like you described, and i absolutely love it(:
3) i think red, black and white would match great. I can't think of any other colors that would match with it as well.
4) Whatever you like, it is YOUR room. I think the murals would look great. Maybe you could hang up some old skateboards on the wall somehow?
5) Maybe black & white flowers.?
6) I'm not sure. I think you buy it yourself, and the safest thing to do is to hire someone to hang it up.
7) It can be, but if you make sure you have a very durable chain holding it, you'll be fine. I'm not sure if you mean hanging from the ceiling , or from a stand.
8) four poster bed : http://www.davidsalmon.com/catalogue/images/bedroom-brighton-bed.jpg overall red and black room : http://www.cedesign.com/familyphotos/2802LittleRoadRemodel/AJCbedroom5/061406_setting_up_room_04.jpg
9) first and second link.
10) 1) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Seed-Sprout-7-Shelf-Closet-Organizer-in-Blue/4888331 2) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rubbermaid-Customizable-and-Configurable-3-to-6-Closet-Kit-Titanium/8195153 A cheap and easy way to organize your closet is to buy hooks. You can get some super glue or something and you're good.
11) I'm not sure if you mean the service or the product. if you mean the product, a gallon of paint costs about $15. So if you want two gallons, $30. You might want to buy different sizes, though because you want one black and three red. If you're talking service, the national hourly rate for a painter is $29.53.
12) http://www.regencyshop.com/p67/Hanging-Bubble-Chair/product_info.html get it quick. there seems to be a HUGE sale. over $1,000 off. but shipping is expensive.
13) http://www.nextag.com/canopy-beds/products-html <- i couldn't get to the exact page of one, so here's a page of a bunch
14) link in question # 10
15) not really. Just that dark colors can make a room appear smaller.

hope i helped(:

40s/50s themed bedroom ideas?

Q. Does anyone have any cool ideas? (preferably 40s)


Answer
Since you have a female avatar, I'm assuming you don't want something that The Beav' and Wally Cleaver would've liked...? Think: the girl's room in "Pleasantville", with Reese Witherspoon and Tobey Maguire. Lots of floral wallpaper, flounces and ruffles on everything, even the lampshade, which is wavy, with lace trim. The base in the shape of a ballerina or something.

Light-colored furniture was preferred for girls' rooms, with print, light-weight curtains, in a check or floral pattern.

Chenille (Is that the word, honey? My wife's helping me--I remember my sisters' bedrooms, but as for what the stuff is called...? Yes). That was popular for bedspreads (NO COMFORTERS back then!!) or quilt-like fabric, usually matching the curtains and color scheme, often pink, yellow, lavender or other pastel color. (Okay--just take over, dear:

For rugs: hooked, with flowers--usually area rugs, or even oriental ones, but in lighter colors.

Rooms were decorated MUCH more sparsely in the 40's and 50's, due to a new craze for hygiene and dust elimination, which actually started in the late 1800's, as a rebellion to the overstuffed, dusty Victorian style. However, skirts on desks and vanities, as well as ruffles, were very popular.

There wasn't a lot of furniture--just the basics: bed, table lamp, lamp, maybe a desk and chair, rug and a few pictures. Neatness was very important!

Oddly, many people in the 50's did NOT have the Jetson, atomic style we see on TV so often; many lived in Victorian or early 20th Century houses and re-used that furniture, often painting over it. There was also a weird craze for "colonial" furniture, but if it was new it was usually not authentic-looking. Lots of maple furniture, with turned legs and backs (that was the house I grew up in! Ugh.)

See this link for an example:

http://imagesus.homeaway.com/vd2/files/WVR/400x300/45/449941/162593_1.jpg

the picture below (first one) gives a good idea of the furniture, but the room is WAY too large and the black furniture was strictly an advertiser's dream (it's for floors).

The third link is in black + white and is a double exposure but you get the idea of the kind of style's used then: (3

The fourth picture shows a "50's High School girl in bedroom (4). You can see how stark it is even if it were in color. this was NORMAL. So, you might not want to re-create it exactly, but just keep the general feel.

Picture below, gives a good idea of 50's style, but less stark--using pink but it's more vivid.

http://retrohomedecor.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Retro-Home-Decor-Floral-Comforter-Set-Daisies-Queen-Blossom-Bedding-Flowers-for-girls-bedroom.jpg

Add: re; the art deco idea; it was NOT popular at all until the 1960's and 70's, such as those Alphonse Mucha prints in dorm rooms.

Posters weren't used much either since the ones available were either art posters, which teens usually didn't like--but if you're art-inclined, go with a Monet. Van Gogh was popular too. Many teenage girls WOULD cut out ads from magazines such as "Life" or the ones devoted to teen heartthrobs, like Rickie Nelson, Franki Valli, Frank Sinatra (that's right!) and so on.

They'd also pin up ads for things they liked, such as lipstick, clothing, movies, or guys promoting products, such as cigarettes!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

BlogRoll

My Zimbio
Top Stories Add to Technorati Favorites Performance Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine Top Blogs Blog Directory Interior Design Blog Directory Meilleur du Web : Annuaire des meilleurs sites Web.

Marketiva Forex Trading

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Ryanita Queen Bedroom Set Quide | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner | Camera Guide by Ryanita