April 18, 2014

Question about master bedroom furniture?





jenk


I have a really beautiful bedroom set with a canopy and a huge four poster bed and marble top dresser and night stands. The bedroom size is unfortunately average not considered large. On the opposite side of the bed I have a flat screen tv on the wall. My husband found a really classy desk that matches the exact color and style of our bedroom. There would still be enough space to walk comfortably. Would it look bad if we placed that desk in that area where the tv is? It has no shelves or anything almost looks like a table. The study room is always being used up by everyone else in the house and my husband does a lot of work on the computer. Please advise me if this sounds like an ok idea.....


Answer
I agree with the standing outside and studying your room, its a really good way to get to know your room. Another thing though is that you need to figure out where the traffic flow of your room is. So the places you'll need space for the most. Its good that there is a comfortable amount of space to walk but what about when he's working? and you wanna walk through? I can't really imagine how far the bed is from the wall that the TV is on, but maybe putting the desk up against the wall underneath the TV is its not too overwhelming to the look of the room.

if the bed is far enough from that wall with the TV then I'd say go for it leave it where you intended and maybe get a small area rug for that desk so you can separate the little island of workspace your husband has got.

Hope i Helped a little!

What is the most you would spend on bedroom set or dining set?




Hoping he


I like Victorian Style or 18th Century furniture with dark wood (mahogany or cherry). I like lots of design and carvings.

The two dining sets that I looked at (table with leaf and 6 chairs) cost $2,100 and $2,400 with tax.

The bedroom set that I looked at (king bed including frame, headboard and footboard, dresser, mirror, five drawer chese and one nightstand) cost $2,500.

What's the most you'd spend on each of these?
I'm talking formal for both of these.



Answer
I too like Antique Furniture. In fact I sell it. My favorite is Empire, (usually mahogany or Cherry). I paid 2000 for
an inlaid French Set, (not Louis or Provencal). 8 ft Armoire
marble topped nightstand, 5 foot parqueted bed.
My Empire bedroom cost 2000 20 years ago. It's now worth
10. So the prices sound good. As long as you really love
the pieces.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

BlogRoll

My Zimbio
Top Stories Add to Technorati Favorites Performance Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine Top Blogs Blog Directory Interior Design Blog Directory Meilleur du Web : Annuaire des meilleurs sites Web.

Marketiva Forex Trading

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Ryanita Queen Bedroom Set Quide | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner | Camera Guide by Ryanita