January 09, 2014

What is a good color for wall paint?


yellow bedroom set
 on ... Bedroom Paint Decorating Designs Ideas Small and Modern Bedroom
yellow bedroom set image




sassa26


I am buying a house soon and I want wall colors that are comfortable. I have dark chocolate bedroom set and same in my living room.
I want a good color for my kitchen and dining room. Should they match?
I just want something other thatn white.
Thank you for all your inputs. :)



Answer
Because you have darker color furniture I would go with some warmer colors for your rooms. I painted my kitchen a very light yellow Devoe paint and the painted the ceiling a lighter shade which was called Heritage Ivory. It is a lighter yellow than the walls, but it brightens up my kitchen and everyone compliments the ceiling paint. In my dining room I painted a sky blue with white trim. My living roon is a moss green which is a very popular color. It is also light but very warm. My colors all go togerther. You could do a red in your dining room if you want a more dramatic effect, which would go with your brown furniture nicely.
Your bedroom I think you can do any color you want. There are so many different greens that are so beautiful.
My advise would be to go to the paint store and get tons of color swatches. What a color looks like in the store looks so much different outside or at your house. Usually we tend to think we need the darker colors, but they usually end up being a mistake. The people at the store can give you good advise. You might want to ask them what the most popular colors right now are. I did not take this man's advice once about a yellow and i went home and found that it was the most hidious color ever. Ha.
You can also buy a pint of different colors you like and then paint about a 16x20 square on one of your walls in the room you are considering it for and then on another wall in the same room use another one of your sample paints and then just look at it for a few days to decide. Ask family and friends too.
It is so much fun once you get started.
Sherwin Williams or Devoe paints you can't go wrong with. If you go with a cheaper brand you sometimes have to use 3 coats which is way to much work. I would also choose a satin finish which is more expensive, but beautiful. The colors will look the best if they compliment each other so that they flow well together.
Good luck!!

How do I paint over white washed pine (oil base) ?




tcgarner1


My daughters white washed pine bedroom set is yellowing just in different spots. I just want to paint it solid white, like you see a lot of children's furniture. I want to avoid having to strip it. Can I just spray primer (we have a paint sprayer) and then spray the white. Thank you


Answer
Absolutely. Use a quality primer. Either oil based or latex can be used over oil based white wash.

Oil based paint will be the most durable, 100% acrylic (latex paint) will be a close second. Choose the paint based on the primer. (Rule of thumb, latex primer needs latex paint, anything else can go over anything else)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

BlogRoll

My Zimbio
Top Stories Add to Technorati Favorites Performance Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine Top Blogs Blog Directory Interior Design Blog Directory Meilleur du Web : Annuaire des meilleurs sites Web.

Marketiva Forex Trading

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Ryanita Queen Bedroom Set Quide | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner | Camera Guide by Ryanita