January 01, 2014

How to socialize a skittish 12 week old kitten?


6 piece bedroom set
 on cherry finish bedroom 6 piece 12477ek set sku 12477ek set price $ 2346 ...
6 piece bedroom set image




Lexi


I rescued this little male kitten at 5 weeks. He lived with a feral cat colony that moved on and either left him behind or he just couldn't keep up. I waited a couple of days to see if they would come back and they didn't, he just sat on the sidewalk all by himself. I have rescued feral kittens from this colony before and they all adapted well within the first week and became very social cats that I found homes for once they were old enough. This little man is very special and I made the decision to keep him along with my 6 month old male kitten and dog. From the very beginning he has been very sweet and loving to me and my pets. He sleeps with me, lets me hold him, love on him and he adores my other kitten and dog. Him and them play constantly and sleep together. I have two roommates who work graveyard and during the time they are sleeping and at work he is a very normal kitten. Running around playing and wrestling, but during the time my roommates are awake and out of their bedrooms, he refuses to leave mine and becomes utterly petrified and runs and hides when he hears the slightest noise, and the only thing that can coax him out is my other kitten. My roommates have held him for lengthy amounts of time and eventually he will relax and fall asleep on them, what I don't understand is he has lived here since he was 5 weeks, and I have no experience whatsoever with a kitten this fearful. All the other ferals adapted quickly, but this process has been very slow for him. I just want him to be comfortable in his own home. I thought of re-homing him with a single person home, a quieter setting. I'm very torn about this because I do not accept permanent responsibility for a pet unless I feel that special connection and I'll keep them for life, and I don't want to give up on this unique little guy. I just love him to pieces. Any advice on how I can socialize him to make him more comfortable? Any answers would be appreciated and helpful!!


Answer
It could take him more time, especially since he doesn't see your roommates as often as he sees you. Just keeps exposing him to your roommates. Some cats only attach and trust one person, try not forcing him out when your roommates are around or forcing him to be held. A lot of times I see, with little kids especially, is that if you force a shy cat to stay in your arms, in hopes of getting him used to you, it has the opposite effect. Just give him time. If he likes canned food, have your roommates try feeding him off a spoon. Or try using sting toys to play with him and the cat he follows. Some cats are followers, if they see a cat they have bonded with playing they most likely will follow.

What should we do with this room?




The Girl i


I write on behalf of my sister. She owns a large, 6 (or 7; I forgot) bedroom home complete with a rec room, office, library, parlor, farmily, and a buch of other rooms you'd expect in a house this size. The previous owners used a 19'x15' space as a gym but as she's a jogger and the room is too pretty, she wants to do something with it and asked my advice. Suggestions?
Umm... No. lols. Sorry, but this is a honest question. I've suggested a decorator, but she's too stuborn and is looking for a diy project; she's also repainting nearly the entire house with only the help of her husband, myself, and a few close friends.



Answer
Hi - does she like music and dancing? As this would probably make a nice room - call it the 'Entertainment' Room or the 'Karoke' Room and perhaps she could have a Karoke machine, if she plays piano or guitar or any other instrument - could be in this room. She could also have a 'music system' and put some nice casual seating in there and perhaps a 2/3 small coffee tables - leaving enough room to be able to dance.

Have a look at some of these pictures:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=a+music+room+design&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=gIpeUoCiCcmFhQeT3oHoBw&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1517&bih=714

Put some music wall decals on the wall - which are easy to peel off if she changes her mind at a later date to use the room for something else?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/music-notes-wall-decals
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/removable-wall-decals-music

Perhaps some comfy bean bag type of seating - love the first one in pink?

http://www.rucomfybeanbags.ie/?gclid=COqqqb6ym7oCFStk2wod8iQAaw

In fact pink and black will look quite nice together - i.e. black music notes on the wall and pink bean bags or something similar?

Coffee tables:

http://www.wayfair.com/Monarch-Specialties-Inc.-3-Piece-Coffee-Table-Set-I-7852P-MNQ1458.html

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/10705/

Anyway - hope you like the idea? :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

BlogRoll

My Zimbio
Top Stories Add to Technorati Favorites Performance Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine Top Blogs Blog Directory Interior Design Blog Directory Meilleur du Web : Annuaire des meilleurs sites Web.

Marketiva Forex Trading

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Ryanita Queen Bedroom Set Quide | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner | Camera Guide by Ryanita