December 10, 2013

Best place to buy a bed frame?


queen bedroom furniture sale
 on 750 Queen Bedroom set Furniture for Sale in Mesa, Arizona Classified ...
queen bedroom furniture sale image




pumpkin


Need a new bedframe! I am not trying to spend too much (between $200 - $350). I am tired of IKEA beds. What are some other places to look?


Answer
Are you needing just a frame itself?? Any furniture store or a specialized mattress or bedroom store would have one. There is an actual place called "The Bedroom Store" you could try if you have one nearby. I got a queen size frame there & with sales taxes it only cost me around $63. Check to see if there's a location near you:
http://www.thebedroomstore.com/Pages/Welcome.html

Where should I get furniture?




Ninja k


I live in Eugene, Or and want to know where to buy furniture because I've been told to never buy a bed or a couch used. Also, how much should I be spending on a bed(queen), couch, and Bookshelf if I just want cheap stuff to use in my first apartment?


Answer
You are in luck. You have two Big Lots stores in your area that have furniture departments. Here's the link with the map:

http://www.biglots.com/store-locator?zipCode=&city=eugene+&state=OR

Mattresses with pricing (bed frames are separate):
http://www.biglots.com/browse/furniture/mattresses/queen-mattresses

Sofas, loveseats, sectionals
http://www.biglots.com/browse/furniture/living-room/sofas-loveseats-and-sectionals?sortBy=&offset=0&max=9

You are correct in that mattresses and sofas should be bought new, whenever possible, to limit your exposure to bed-bugs and other pests. If you cannot afford brand new, at least invest in the bed bug protector covers (like protect a bed brand) for your mattress and your box spring. Basic metal bed frames go for about $80 - $100. When buying a bed, you will want to lie down on the mattress you are considering for at least 15 - 20 minutes and in every position you sleep in. The reason you are giving it that amount of time is to determine whether it's comfortable for the way you sleep or you'll end up with sore spots. (Me, I sleep either on my back or on my side. The last time we bought a mattress set, I did not test it by lying on my side for a time - because I was self-conscious. We bought within our budget and it ended up being the most uncomfortable thing to sleep on. I'd wake up in the morning with my shoulder & hip sockets sore/aching because I'd slept on my side and the mattress was firm. We later had to throw more money at it and invest in a memory foam mattress topper just so that we did not wake up sore. The moral of my story is this: Take however long you need to determine if it's going to be a comfortable bed for you before you buy it.)

Case goods like coffee/end tables, dining tables, bookcases, dressers and nightstands can be safely purchased second-hand from thrift stores, resale shops, used furniture stores. Those stores are a great option if the things you need don't have to "match" or come in sets. A lot of times, you can find good quality wood furniture at very reasonable prices. If you go with this option, you may want to cultivate a few different sources because thrift/resale shopping can be very much feast or famine: A wide variety or slim pickings. IKEA book cases are relatively inexpensive. If you'd prefer to buy it new in a box and have the pleasure of putting it together yourself, the Sauder brand is good and the directions are easy to understand. You can get those from stores like Wal-mart, K-Mart, Target and such.

Another option for case goods, housewares and lamps & such would be garage sales.

I can safely vouch for the quality of the furniture at Big Lots because I know people who bought their living room set & bedroom set from them and have been very satisfied, plus they've had it for years and it's still going strong. Good luck to you and I hope that this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

BlogRoll

My Zimbio
Top Stories Add to Technorati Favorites Performance Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine Top Blogs Blog Directory Interior Design Blog Directory Meilleur du Web : Annuaire des meilleurs sites Web.

Marketiva Forex Trading

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Ryanita Queen Bedroom Set Quide | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner | Camera Guide by Ryanita